Tips and tricks from Gasser Rodel GmbH
So that you can enjoy a nice and safe toboggan trip with your family and friends, you should pay attention to the following tips.
- Show consideration for other toboggan run users.
- Pay attention to locks and warnings. Make sure that the route is cleared for tobogganing and find out about the course and condition of the toboggan run.
- Use good equipment; this includes quality toboggan, warm clothing, gloves, hard hat, sturdy shoes.
- Note that plastic bobsleighs or plastic stands are not suitable for toboggan runs due to the slope.
- The limited or non-existent steering options of these devices can lead to serious accidents.
- Ascend to the right and one behind the other.
- Cross the toboggan run only in clear places.
- Drive in a controlled manner, on sight and keep your distance.
- Adjust the speed and driving style to your ability, the toboggan run, the snow, ice and weather conditions as well as the traffic density.
- Never stop in blind bends. If you have to stop in a curve, go to the inside of the curve or take the quickest way off the track.
- Make yourself noticeable. Warn inattentive climbers.
- Use a headlamp and reflective clothing when tobogganing in the dark.
- When you go tobogganing in the moonlight, find out whether the track is illuminated and don't forget your headlamp or flashlight.
- Wait in clear places for your company.
- Apply the brakes briefly before tight bends and then turn into the bend.
- Tobogganing on ski slopes is extremely dangerous and prohibited.
- Alcohol, medication and addictive substances impair the ability to react and reduce the correct risk assessment.
- When you stop at the alpine hut, secure the toboggan against theft with a bike lock.
With proper care, the toboggan is a loyal companion on all your winter tours and will give you so much pleasure.
- Grind steel rails in the running direction with grain size 40-80.
- Grind the covering rails in the running direction with grain size 80-100.
- Note: Cover rails do not have to be sanded as often!
- The higher the snow temperature, the rougher the surface of the rail should be.
- After sanding with steel wool, peel it off 1-2 times in the running direction.
- Never polish the rails!
- Decking rails and steel rails can be treated with commercially available waxes or pastes.
- After waxing, draw a structure into the rails with a brush.
- Pay attention to 1 mm toe-in when installing the steel rails.
- Wipe the rails dry after each toboggan run.
- Do not expose the toboggan to the blazing sun in the car for long periods of time.
This means that you can use your toboggan again at any time, after a winter toboggan excursion but also after a long period of non-use during the summer months.
- Lightly oil steel rails or wax with commercially available waxes.
- Only wax in the covering rails.
- Store the toboggan free-standing or lying in a dry, cool place.
- Never lean the toboggan on one side or load it with objects.
- Do not store near radiators or similar sources of heat.